Become a Member of the
Ammonia Energy Association
The AEA is a global industry association that promotes the use of ammonia in a sustainable energy economy.
We aim to accelerate the implementation of business cases throughout the ammonia energy value chain by taking collective action on behalf of our Industry Members and facilitating cross-sector collaboration among our membership.
To succeed in this aim, the AEA welcomes participation from all sectors of society, offering Individual Memberships for academics, government employees, students, etc; and Knowledge Partnerships for non-profit enterprises with aligned missions.
Members of the AEA receive reduced rates or exclusive access to attend our events.
- Discounts for annual Ammonia Energy Conference: For the last few years, the AEA flagship conference has been hosted within the AIChE Annual Meeting; members of the AEA are entitled to a discount on registration. In 2019, the value of this discount was $410 (full conference) or $180 (one-day only). Details for the 2020 event will soon be announced (San Francisco, CA, week of November 18).
- Invitations to AEA workshops: Industry Members are invited to attend closed-door workshops as part of our annual conference. These workshops aim to accelerate the adoption of ammonia in a sustainable energy economy by identifying and prioritizing advocacy and policy actions.
- Discounts to affiliated events: The AEA supports the establishment of new organizations that promote ammonia energy with a regional or sector-specific focus, and these groups now host many events around the world each year. Where possible, we negotiate a discount for AEA members.
Members of the AEA have the opportunity to join our growing global network of ammonia energy developers and implementers, working together to define the future of sustainable energy technology and business.
- Eligibility to serve on Committees: All members are eligible to serve on the AEA’s committees. The committees are the Association’s engines of action and the main way for our members to engage in, benefit from, and direct our work.
- Seat on Strategy Committee: Our leading Industry Members (Gold and Platinum) form the core of the AEA’s Strategy Committee, which is responsible for defining the direction of the organization’s growth, and for assessing potential advocacy targets and tactics.
- Access to online Member Network: This benefit is in development. We are building a private online community platform, to facilitate global communication and collaboration among industry, academia, government, and NGOs.
- Access to online Member Resources: This benefit is in development. We are building a library of resources that will be made available only to members.
For our Industry Members and Non-Member Partners, the AEA offers a range of opportunities for corporate branding and marketing:
- Profile on website (optional): Industry Members and Non-Member Partners can promote their organization with a member profile on our website. This ammonia energy directory will become a key resource for those searching for products and services.
- Logo on website (sitewide) (optional): select Industry Members (Silver, Gold, and Platinum) have the option to include their logo on our website.
- Logo on newsletter & promotional material: select Industry Members (Silver, Gold, and Platinum) have their logo featured on our weekly newsletter and promotional materials.
- Sponsorship opportunities: Industry Members have a first call on sponsorship opportunities (beginning with the highest membership tier: Platinum, then Gold, then Silver, then Basic), which may include events or publications.
As a membership organization, the AEA’s work is defined by its members, to whom it is accountable. As an industry association, the AEA’s Industry Members are ultimately responsible for its leadership and oversight.
- Invitation to Annual Meeting (teleconference): all members are invited to attend our Annual Meeting via teleconference, in late July / early August. This event includes reports on our activities, finances, and planning, as well as elections to our Board of Directors.
- Votes at Annual Meeting: Only Industry Members may vote at our Annual Meeting (elections, other decisions); the number of votes for each member increases for higher membership tiers.
- Eligible for election to Board of Directors: Industry Members may choose to put forward an individual for consideration by the AEA Nominating Committee for election to our Board of Directors at each Annual Meeting. (The Nominating Committee has the final authority to select a slate of candidates from the pool of eligible Industry Members.)
- Invitation to attend quarterly Board Meetings: Representatives of select Industry Members (Silver, Gold, and Platinum) are invited to dial into meetings of our Board of Directors, regardless of whether they serve as Directors.
Join the Ammonia Energy Association
We have three different membership opportunities depending on what type of organization you are.
Current industry members of the Ammonia Energy Association
|A.P. Møller – Mærsk A/S||Member||member|
|AES Gener||Silver Member||silver|
|AFC Energy||Gold Member||gold|
|Argus Media||Silver Member||silver|
|Asian Renewable Energy Hub||Gold Member||gold|
|Bureau Veritas||Silver Member||silver|
|C-Job Naval Architects||Member||member|
|Clean Air Task Force||Knowledge Partner||knowledge-partner|
|Duiker Combustion Engineers||Silver Member||silver|
|Fortescue Metals Group||Gold Member||gold|
|Haldor Topsøe||Silver Member||silver|
|IT Power Australia||Member||member|
|Monolith Materials||Gold Member||gold|
|Nebraska Public Power District||Member||member|
|Nel Hydrogen||Silver Member||silver|
|Next Energy US||Member||member|
|Organics Group||Silver Member||silver|
|Origin Energy||Gold Member||gold|
|Proton Ventures||Gold Member||gold|
|Renewable Solutions LLC||Member||member|
|Starfire Energy||Silver Member||silver|
|Tri-State Generation and Transmission||Gold Member||gold|
|Wabash Valley Resources||Silver Member||silver|
|Woodside Energy||Silver Member||silver|