Become a Member of the
Ammonia Energy Association
The AEA is a global industry association that promotes the use of ammonia in a sustainable energy economy.
We aim to accelerate the energy transition by supporting new business cases throughout the ammonia energy value chain. We achieve this by taking collective action on behalf of our Industry Members and by facilitating cross-sector and international collaboration among our membership.
To succeed in this aim, the AEA welcomes participation from all sectors of society, not just our corporate members, and we offer Individual Memberships for academics, government employees, students, etc; and Affiliate Memberships for non-profit enterprises with aligned missions.
Members of the AEA receive reduced rates or exclusive access to attend our events.
- Discounts for annual Ammonia Energy Conference: For the last few years, the AEA flagship conference has been hosted within the AIChE Annual Meeting; members of the AEA are entitled to a discount on registration. In 2019, the value of this discount was $410 (full conference) or $180 (one-day only). Details for the 2020 event will soon be announced (San Francisco, CA, week of November 18).
- Invitations to AEA workshops: Industry Members are invited to attend closed-door workshops as part of our annual conference. These workshops aim to accelerate the adoption of ammonia in a sustainable energy economy by identifying and prioritizing advocacy and policy actions.
- Discounts to affiliated events: The AEA supports the establishment of new organizations that promote ammonia energy with a regional or sector-specific focus, and these groups now host many events around the world each year. Where possible, we negotiate a discount for AEA members.
Members of the AEA have the opportunity to join our growing global network of ammonia energy developers and implementers, working together to define the future of sustainable energy technology and business.
- Eligibility to serve on Committees: All members are eligible to serve on the AEA’s committees. The committees are the Association’s engines of action and the main way for our members to engage in, benefit from, and direct our work.
- Seat on Strategy Committee: Our leading Industry Members (Gold and Platinum) form the core of the AEA’s Strategy Committee, which is responsible for defining the direction of the organization’s growth, and for assessing potential advocacy targets and tactics.
- Access to online Member Network: This benefit is in development. We are building a private online community platform, to facilitate global communication and collaboration among industry, academia, government, and NGOs.
- Access to online Member Resources: This benefit is in development. We are building a library of resources that will be made available only to members.
For our Industry Members and Non-Member Partners, the AEA offers a range of opportunities for corporate branding and marketing:
- Profile on website (optional): Industry Members and Non-Member Partners can promote their organization with a member profile on our website. This ammonia energy directory will become a key resource for those searching for products and services.
- Logo on website (sitewide) (optional): select Industry Members (Silver, Gold, and Platinum) have the option to include their logo on our website.
- Logo on newsletter & promotional material: select Industry Members (Silver, Gold, and Platinum) have their logo featured on our weekly newsletter and promotional materials.
- Sponsorship opportunities: Industry Members have a first call on sponsorship opportunities (beginning with the highest membership tier: Platinum, then Gold, then Silver, then Basic), which may include events or publications.
As a membership organization, the AEA’s work is defined by its members, to whom it is accountable. As an industry association, the AEA’s Industry Members are ultimately responsible for its leadership and oversight.
- Invitation to Annual Meeting (teleconference): all members are invited to attend our Annual Meeting via teleconference, in late July / early August. This event includes reports on our activities, finances, and planning, as well as elections to our Board of Directors.
- Votes at Annual Meeting: Only Industry Members may vote at our Annual Meeting (elections, other decisions); the number of votes for each member increases for higher membership tiers.
- Eligible for election to Board of Directors: Industry Members may choose to put forward an individual for consideration by the AEA Nominating Committee for election to our Board of Directors at each Annual Meeting. (The Nominating Committee has the final authority to select a slate of candidates from the pool of eligible Industry Members.)
- Invitation to attend quarterly Board Meetings: Representatives of select Industry Members (Silver, Gold, and Platinum) are invited to dial into meetings of our Board of Directors, regardless of whether they serve as Directors.
Current industry members of the Ammonia Energy Association
|8 Rivers Capital||Member||member|
|A.P. Møller – Maersk A/S||Silver Member||silver|
|Advanced Thermal Devices||Member||member|
|AES Gener||Silver Member||silver|
|AFC Energy||Gold Member||gold|
|Air Products||Silver Member||silver|
|Aker Clean Hydrogen||Gold Member||gold|
|Ambient Fuels||Silver Member||silver|
|Ammonigy GmbH||Silver Member||silver|
|Apex Clean Energy||Member||member|
|Argus Media||Silver Member||silver|
|Arizona Public Service||Member||member|
|Black and Veatch||Silver Member||silver|
|Borden Ladner Gervais LLP (BLG)||Member||member|
|Bureau Veritas||Silver Member||silver|
|Burns & McDonnell Engineering|
|C-Job Naval Architects||Member||member|
|Casa dos Ventos||Silver Member||silver|
|CF Industries||Platinum Member||platinum|
|Christof Group||Silver Member||silver|
|Clean Air Task Force||Affiliate Member||affiliate|
|Clean Fuel Ammonia Association||Affiliate Member||affiliate|
|Consorcio Eólico||Silver Member||silver|
|Copenhagen Atomics||Silver Member||silver|
|Copernic Catalysts||Silver Member||silver|
|CRU Group||Silver Member||silver|
|CS Combustion Solutions||Silver Member||silver|
|CWP Global||Platinum Member||platinum|
|Denbury Inc.||Platinum Member||platinum|
|Duiker Combustion Engineers||Member||member|
|Enterprize Energy||Silver Member||silver|
|Envision Group||Silver Member||silver|
|European Institute for Energy Research (EIFER)||Silver Member||silver|
|First Ammonia||Silver Member||silver|
|Fortescue Future Industries||Gold Member||gold|
|Fujitsu Research of America||Silver Member||silver|
|Gaztransport & Technigaz||Member||member|
|GenCell Energy||Silver Member||silver|
|George Propane Inc.|
|Green Hydrogen Chemicals (UK)||Gold Member||gold|
|GTI Energy||Silver Member||silver|
|Gunvor Group||Silver Member||silver|
|Hamilton Locke||Gold Member||gold|
|Horisont Energi||Gold Member||gold|
|Hy Stor Energy||Platinum Member||platinum|
|Hydrogen Utility (H2U)||Platinum Member||platinum|
|HyFuels Holdings||Silver Member||silver|
|IHI Americas||Silver Member||silver|
|Inherent Solutions Consult||Silver Member||silver|
|Intecsa Industrial||Silver Member||silver|
|InterContinental Energy||Platinum Member||platinum|
|IT Power Australia||Member||member|
|JGC Corporation||Silver Member||silver|
|Johnson Matthey||Silver Member||silver|
|Koch Fertilizer||Silver Member||silver|
|Lotte Fine Chemical||Silver Member||silver|
|LSB Industries||Platinum Member||platinum|
|MAN Energy Solutions||Member||member|
|MineARC Systems||Silver Member||silver|
|Mitsubishi Heavy Industries||Gold Member||gold|
|Mitsui & Co.||Platinum Member||platinum|
|Mitsui O.S.K. Lines||Silver Member||silver|
|Monolith Materials||Platinum Member||platinum|
|Nebraska Public Power District||Member||member|
|Nel Hydrogen||Silver Member||silver|
|New Energy Technology||Member||member|
|Next Hydrogen Corporation||Member||member|
|Northern Nitrogen Inc.||Member||member|
|NYK Energy Transport (USA)||Member||member|
|OCI N.V.||Platinum Member||platinum|
|Oldendorff Carriers||Silver Member||silver|
|Origin Energy||Gold Member||gold|
|Osaka Gas USA||Member||member|
|Pacific Green Technologies Inc.||Silver Member||silver|
|Proton Ventures||Gold Member||gold|
|Renewable Hydrogen Corporation Canada||Member||member|
|S&P Global||Gold Member||gold|
|Schmuecker Renewable Energy System||Affiliate Member||affiliate|
|Starfire Energy||Platinum Member||platinum|
|Syzygy Plasmonics||Gold Member||gold|
|Talos Energy||Silver Member||silver|
|Technip Energies||Silver Member||silver|
|TECNICAS REUNIDAS||Silver Member||silver|
|Thorium Energy Alliance||Silver Member||silver|
|Tri-State Generation and Transmission||Gold Member||gold|
|Tsubame BHB||Silver Member||silver|
|Unconventional Gas Solutions||Member||member|
|Universal H2||Silver Member||silver|
|Vesta Terminals B.V.||Silver Member||silver|
|Wonik Materials||Silver Member||silver|
|Woodside Energy||Silver Member||silver|